Sunday, 30 July 2017

Introducing Cellagon Apricot Line - Apricot 24h Cream

Cellagon cosmetics is a German company which produces natural vegan beauty products. All their products are free from parabens, paraffins, silicones and PEGs and they don't test on animals. 

One of their product lines is the Apricot line, a collection of skincare based on apricot kernel oil. The products are made in Switzerland and smell like a basket full of ripe apricots. I had the chance to put one of them, the Apricot 24h Cream, to the test. 


Apricol kernel oil contains vitamin A and E as well as essential fatty acids and the Apricot 24h Cream contains other lovely ingredients such as grape seed oil, edelweiss extracts (that's such a swiss ingredient) musk rose seed oil and argan oil. The description of the product says that the effects on the skin are a healthy rosy complexion, reduced pores, more elasticity and activation of the skin's metabolism. 

What I find absolutely ingenious is the airless jar of the product. This is so much more hygienic that a normal pot because you don't get in contact with the cream except for the exact amount you're applying. You just have to push on the top of the jar using your thumbs to get the amount of cream you need for one application out of it. The airless jar can be refilled, Cellagon Cosmetics sells refill pots for the Apricot 24h Cream. 


So far, so good. But does the product have any miraculous effects on my skin? 

This face cream can be used twice a day. Due to its rich texture, I only used it overnight because I thought it would be too heavy to apply before doing my make up. 

This is not the first product I try which contains apricot oil as one of the main ingredients and thus, the effect of this cream on my skin wasn't much of a surprise. For some reason, apricot kernel oil doesn't seem to get absorbed into my skin very well. This means, that the product basically stays on my skin till I wash it of in the morning. So the only effect the product has on my skin is that I get blemishes over time because my skin can't breathe properly.

After a week of testing, I stopped using it because I could see my skin wouldn't benefit from this cream. That's why I can't give you a full review on the effects of the Apricot 24h cream. However, at the same time a colleague from work tested it and she's really happy with the product. 

The Apricot 24h Cream smells delicious and natural and has a well-thought-out packaging. It's not for my skin type but I know that some people really enjoy using it. The products can be ordered online, it's not cheap though: CHF 52 for a new airless jar and CHF 46 for a refill pot. Maybe you have to consider that the product is vegan, comes in an extra hygienic jar and is produced in Switzerland. If these factors are important to you, it might be worth spending the money. 

So what do I think about this product? Obviously, it's not the right product for me but I love the airless jar and I would really appreciate it, if other brands used jars like this one too. I know Avène has a similar packaging for some of their products, do you know any other brands? Please let me know in the comments below.


Have a great day!

XX Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Cheryl

    Danke vielmals für die Vorstellung der Cellagon Aprikosencreme! Die Sache mit dem luftlosen Deckel hört sich ja mal extrem interessant an - so was habe ich noch nie bisher gesehen :)

    Liebe Grüsse
    Isabel
    www.isacosmetics.ch

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!