Sunday, 7 May 2017

Caudalie Vineactiv - Skincare for Busy Women

Hello there!

Yes, I'm still alive. If you're a student too, I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain to you why there hasn't been a lot of new content on the blog recently. But I'll do it anyway because it's nice to share, a problem shared is a problem halved, right? 

It's exam season, or in my case the season where everyone wants me to do a presentation and a paper on whatever project I have to do for the course. So I'm busy writing, designing and so on and it's honestly very stressful. A phase my skin doesn't like, so I thought it's the perfect time to put Caudalie's new Vineactiv skincare collection to the test because it is designed especially for young, active women with an endless to-do list. It fights the signs of fatigue and keeps the skin looking young and radiant. And I love the name of their innovative composition of ingredients: the anti cell burn-out complex! That's exactly what I need right now. It contains grape polyphenol and an antioxidant gained from spruce to help soothe stressed skin. 


The Vineactiv collection contains a glow activating anti-wrinkle serum, an energizing and smoothing eye cream, a 3-in-1 moisturizer and an overnight detox oil. I've tested the whole line for four weeks and I noticed that only using the products of this collection, my skin was slightly dehydrated after the four weeks. It will definitely be enough moisture for normal or oily skin but the dry skinned ladies might have to use a hydrating mask in between. 


The 3-in-1 moisturizer and the eye cream have a very relaxing herbal scent and they sink in really quickly and make a nice base for foundation. I've been using the eye cream around my nose and as a lip treatment over night from time to time as well. It is hydrating enough for my under eye area and the other areas I mentioned but it doesn't fight my dark circles which is kind of an issue when I don't get enough sleep. I like to use it over night but in the morning I rather use something more energizing. 


The serum is my favourite product from the collection, it has the same discreet herbal scent and feels instantly soothing on the skin. The texture is light and gel like and combined with the 3-in-1 moisturizer it's just enough for my morning routine. The only thing that bugs me is that there's still a lot of product left when the pump doesn't work anymore. 

After applying the serum I massaged my face with six drops of the Overnight Detox oil every night before going to bed. And let me warn you: the scent is not boyfriend-approved! The oil has a rather strong scent and it stays for a little while. I find it quite relaxing, however, Mr. T doesn't agree. Even though this is an oil, it sinks in completely over night and I think it is suitable for oily skin too. 


The overall effect of Vineactiv on my skin was that it didn't and doesn't look stressed even though I'm going through a stressful time right now. I usually break out during this time and my complexion looks sallow, which didn't happen using the Vineactiv collection. Nevertheless, for my dry skin I had to use a moisturizing serum before applying the oil over night, it didn't spend enough moisture on its own. An effect I couldn't see was the added glow. My skin is usually quite glowy but this skincare routine wasn't able to keep the glow up during exam season. Anyway, I think Vinosource does a good job because my skin doesn't look stressed and that's exactly what I wanted. With a moisturizing mask every week the collection and I currently live a happy life together.

The products are available in pharmacies and drugstores. Here's a little overview of the prices for you:

3-in-1 Moisturizer: CHF 42.40
Energizing and Smoothing Eye Cream: CHF 34.40
Serum: CHF 47.30
Overnight Detox Oil: CHF 39.40

Have you tried the Vineactic collection yet? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Have a great day and if you're preparing for exams as well: good luck! You can do it!

Love,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!